Thursday, April 16, 2009

Our "Vacation."















Here I am.... vacationing.

Spending my "Hawaii" trip on the couch in Provo, Utah wondering what to do with myself.

We have planned for months a trip to Hawaii from April 15 - 25. A friend of Shayne's told us "don't worry about buying tickets, we've got stand by buddy passes to burn."

"Fantastic," I thought. "This is a dream. Pinch me." Well, we've had some questionable luck recently, and I suppose I should have realized there would be a 'catch'. I did my homework; found out flight times, different routes we could take, planning every detail, packing, and never thinking that there would be a problem.

April 14th I was beginning to worry however, because I hadn't gotten a definite "go ahead" from Shayne's friend. Come to find out, the buddy passes he was referring to were not his to give. He was still trying to get a hold of his cousin (who works for Delta Airlines) to get the passes. Of course, I was discouraged, and left without much hope.

April 15 was a sad day. I was very tearful at the thought of my plane leaving ground without me. I felt sick when it was 6:17 p.m. and I realized that if things went according to plan I would have been walking off the plane reuniting with my Mom and family. I sobbed recalling telling Ellie the day before that, "when we are on the plane, you can look out the window and see the Earth!" Ellie said, "YA! AND WE'LL WEAR SPACE SUITS!!!!" She was thrilled. She wanted to go to the beach and make sand castles. She was overjoyed to see Grandma, Grandpa, and her Uncles. She even wondered if she would see a mermaid.

Later April 15, we got a hopeful phone call. The friend was feeling sorry about having put this off and letting us down. Not only were we let down, but our family in Hawaii were let down as well. All of their schedules and ours were revolving around this trip. The friend said we need to keep looking up the flight schedules, he'll contact the cousin, and we'll be on stand by because we WILL GO TO HAWAII.

Day 2 of my vacation... I am sitting here waiting. Bags packed, zipped up, and literally ready to walk out and drive with a moments notice for the airport. I like consider this to be a delay, but that we are going (we hope). Hopefully, my next blog will either be in Hawaii, or about our trip to Hawaii.

Aloha..... Wish us luck.

2 comments:

  1. L a u r a . . . I w i s h y o u l u c k

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll get there!!! I have faith that things will work out eventually!

    ReplyDelete