Sunday, September 19, 2010

Another Year Older






I remember my 27th birthday (in 2009) like it was yesterday. We had just found out that we were expecting Kaitlyn, but that was also the day that I started to bleed and wonder if Kaitlyn would be a part of our family. So much has happened since then (as you know if you have been reading my blogs) so this year felt like a great celebration of the year that we had just overcome together and how far we have come.

My birthday turned into a birth-weekend, starting with Thursday. My brother Danny treated me to Bombay House for some Indian food. It was all of our first time going there, and we were pleasantly surprised at how elegant of a restaurant it was and the people working there were so very hospitable; even with Kaitlyn crying a majority of the time (sick with a cold and just barely having her 4 month shots). We had a great time, and it was the perfect start to my weekend.

Friday morning as I woke up after sleeping in a little, I noticed at least 20 birthday wishes already that morning. It was a great start to my day. Later, my mom came over and took the girls so Shayne and I could go out on a much needed afternoon out. We had a great time at Tucano's (with our free birthday meal coupon) and went window shopping. Once back home, Elle and Kaitlyn had some presents for me. Elle had went to the store with Grandma and picked me out a nice new pair of black slippers (with snowflakes on them) and a LONG chain sterling silver necklace. She was so proud of her purchases and it made her happy to see me open them and smile. Later that night, we got a Little Caesars Pizza and bread sticks and spent some time at the park as a family.

I thought that Saturday would be my birthday break, but it wasn't so. My in-laws threw me a surprise party at Grandpa Underwood's house. I didn't suspect a thing. In fact, truth be known, I wasn't in the best mood that afternoon so when we walked in and they said SURPRISE I felt foolish later for not reacting the way I would have normally. My attitude changed quickly however and I enjoyed the bbq and cake that they had ready for me. I was touched that they would make such an effort to make me feel special.

Sunday my Mom and Dad had a birthday bbq for me at their house. Dad grilled some kabobs and mom impressed us with the rest. We played Bocce ball and a card game of "Cowboy." It was a great birthday weekend. I can't say how enough how grateful I am for my family who love me and made this birthday so memorable. Thank you so much. I had a great birthday, and I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment