Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Shayne's 33rd






In my family, we call April and May "Birthday Season." I even have the bow on the wreath on the door for it just as I would with any other season. We start with Danelle on April 29, just over a week later May 7th with Kaitlyn, then just over a week later the 17th with Shayne. We also have my Grandma Tubbs, Monyka, and my Mom all within those months as well, and once you factor in Easter and Mothers Day - we are talking about a lot of parties.

Shayne has been a good sport about his birthday for years. His birthday is usually low key (like him) and often times overshadowed by the birthdays that surround him. Mainly the kids birthdays. Last year it was the birth of our new baby Kaitlyn. Also in years past, he has shared his birthday with Danelle to save me some extra work of throwing another party. THIS YEAR I vowed would be different. I wanted him to have an extra special birthday on the same plane with the girls very exciting birthdays. I think we did just that.

A few days before his birthday party, I did some thinking about what he would want for his birthday present. I have known for years he has wanted a proper barbecue grill but they have always been out of our price range for such a frivolous random thing to buy. I have given him cheap-o charcoal grills a couple of times, but he never lost sight of the ultimate goal of having a nice grill. Shayne is not the type to ask for much and certainly not the type to complain so he has made due for a very long time. I wanted him to have something nice. He deserves it so with that in mind I contacted our family members to see if anyone would pitch in for this terrific grill. They did ; everyone that I asked pitched in something. Shayne got the grill that he wanted for his birthday this year. He looked so surprised when he saw Evan and Jason (Sarah's boyfriend)carrying it in. It made me so happy, and as silly as it sounds I wanted to cry.

The whole party was a success though. Shayne has told me a time or two how much he loves my chicken enchilada's so I thought it would be the perfect birthday meal for him and our party guests. We also had chips and salsa, rice, and re-fried beans. The kids ate gluten free tacos. Shayne was excited how well the girls cakes turned out and wanted one of his own so Danelle and I surprised him with a red velvet Goofy cake made by Amber Beautiful Creations. It was perfect!

Thank you to everyone that was a part of making this party special and memorable for us. Thank you to the family for pitching in on this fantastic grill that I promise we will have family bbq's on in the future. Happy Birthday to my sweetheart, husband, best friend, and most wonderful father to his kids. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment