Monday, May 14, 2012

Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole

I have had a lot of requests for my "Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole" I have posted about on Christmas and Easter. As mentioned in my last blog, one way for me to ruin a wonderful holiday is to fuss over breakfast. This involves bringing out all my skillet pans and large electric skillet pan for pancakes and cooking over them for almost an hour until it's breakfast time. Then you get the fun of cleaning up your fifty dishes, and half of the morning is over already. You need to rest before your day has even begun. Long story short, I am not a big breakfast person but on certain occasions (like Christmas, Easter, or having company over) you want something better than cold cereal or oatmeal. This is why I LOVE this recipe!!!


The mess is out of the way the night before, and you wake up to a delicious meal ready and waiting for you and your family to enjoy. If you are like me, perhaps consider having the table set the night before also so nothing (not even setting the table) interferes with your wonderful smooth running day. To make clean up a breeze use ***Reynolds SLOW COOKER LINERS*** before you bake it and save yourself a lot of scrubbing! I always have the dishwasher ready to be loaded so without fuss or hardly breaking a sweat, our big breakfast is over and I can enjoy my family and day better. The leftovers make DELICIOUS breakfast burritos also! Just throw the warmed up leftovers in a tortilla, put on some salsa and VIOLA!!! Yum. Enjoy! :)


Crockpot Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients:



1 dozen eggs
1 cup milk
1 package (32 oz.) of frozen hash brown potatoes.
1 lb of bacon - cooked, drained and cut into pieces.
1 lb of sausage, browned and drained
1/2 cup green onions - diced
1 green pepper - diced
3/4 pound cheddar cheese - shredded
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard (only I always skip this and it tastes great!)
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Layer potatoes, bacon, onions, green pepper and cheese in the crockpot in two or three layers.

2. Add cheese.

3. Beat the eggs, milk and mustard, salt & pepper together.

4. Pour over the whole mixture.

5. Cook with slow cooker on low for ten to twelve hours or until eggs are set and thoroughly cooked.

http://www.momswhothink.com/easy-recipes/crockpot-breakfast-casseroles.html

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this recipe! I'm excited to try it.

    ReplyDelete