Thursday, June 6, 2019

Bringing Back Blogging

Social media ruined me. Oh sure, there's a lot of great posts; uplifting, exciting, funny... but there's a lot of negativity with that also. Social media often reminds me of high school.  A popularity contest with drama, cliques, judgement, and comparison.  With that I can also see the insecurity, the trying hard to impress, and the false sense of connection to others which can actually make you feel more lonely.  Long story short, it was chipping away at my happiness every time I got on.  Social media is not for everyone. It's not been good for me. 

Now, I haven't given up on social media completely.  Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. I enjoy being connected to friends and family and knowing what's happening in their lives, too.  I simply decided if it's a running record of my family I'm mostly after where my posts are concerned, why not go back to blogging about it instead? I used to love blogging. I could write our stories and share photos without having to worry as much about likes, dislikes, comments, or battling constant feelings of rejection. Besides,  my blogs aren't written for fame or fortune. They aren't written to always inspire or teach either. They are for my family to look back on and remember the good,  the bad, and the ugly.  If anyone is interested, it's here for you, too. 

So, nice to see you again, old friend.  It's good to be back in my happy place with you. Let's never lose touch again.  Here's to many more updates... 

No comments:

Post a Comment