Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Random Thoughts


Yesterday, as we curled up in our warm bed on a cold night, our dog jumped up on our bed like she was going to get away with something by sleeping next to Shayne and I(which she eventually did). Thinking back on her day, I had to wonder what was going on in this dog's head that she would even dare sleep on our bed than her puffy blanket on the floor. Then I remembered, I guess to her this was a special day. This thought stirred up some random thoughts about what must go on in a dog's head the way I see it. Here is her day, as she might have seen it.

********************************
DAISY'S SPECIAL DAY!

8:30 a.m. Mom jumped out of bed and let me go outside in the back yard BEFORE she even got a chance to use the bathroom. Very strange.

9:00 a.m. WOW! Dad is making me a special breakfast of vegetable soup! Am I on medicine again? Is he trying to hide something in this food? Oh who cares, YUM!!!! (Eats it up quickly, not realizing the REAL reason she's eating vegetable soup is because the dog food ran out last night.)

9:30 a.m. Ellie lets me have a bite of her uneaten waffle. It was heavenly.

10:00 - 12:00 NAP. Noticed that Mom put a blanket over the top of me since I looked cold. It was a nice nap. Had dreams about chasing Ellie around the park.

12:45 p.m. Spent a lot of time outside enjoying nature in the back yard, and now Mom and Dad are cooking pizza.

1:15 p.m. *SCORE!* I got a pizza crust from Mom.

2:00 p.m. Played "ROPE" with Dad for a while. Dad let me win three times. Starting to wonder what the special occasion is for me to win three times.

2:30 - 5:30 p.m NAP again. No blanket this time, but the sun setting shines right on my part of the couch. It's nice.

5:50 p.m Family goes to Aunt Sarah's Birthday dinner. Wish I could go. Maybe they'll bring home left overs.

5:50 - 7:30 p.m. PATROL HOUSE. Thought I heard someone knock on our door. Tempted to bark. Listened to cars pulling in. Heard some voices next door. Heard dogs next door. Checked house. Everything is good. Took another nap.

7:30 p.m. Door sounds like it's unlocking. Not 100% sure who it is, better run upstairs to hide.

7:31 p.m. Realized it's only my family back, and they brought bags!!! Hope they remembered my leftovers.

8:00 p.m. They went to the store to buy me dog food on the way home!!! Dad is mixing gravy in a pot. I wonder what this gravy is for. I should stare at him and give him "the eyes."

8:30 p.m. Starting to wonder if it's my birthday because Dad just gave me TWO BOWLS of gravy style dog food with ACTUAL GRAVY on top.

11:00 p.m. Mom wants a treat from Maverick so she can take her pills. Dad is going to Maverick. WAIT! Dad just said I could go! "Oh joy! Oh joy! Oh joy! I love RIDES! Dogs love rides!!! I'm a GOOD GIRL!" Jumping around to show my appreciation to Dad. Starting to seriously consider if it really is my birthday.

11:30 p.m. Dad comes home from Maverick. Loved the ride. Smiled the whole time. Dad got two hot dogs. I hope the extra is for me.

11:35 p.m. Mom just gave me bite of her hot dog, and a small piece of jerky. BONUS! Dad gave me bite of jerky!!!! Convinced it's my birthday.

12:30 a.m. After snuggling with Mom while watching a movie, it's time for bed. Seriously considering attempting to sleep on bed with them today.... SINCE IT'S MY BIRTHDAY.

12:40 p.m. Worth a try. I jump on bed and sniff Dad's face to see if I can sleep on the bed. I know he's a softie when I give him "the eye's." I try "the eye's." Didn't need to. Birthday girl gets to sleep on bed. Lucky me! I love birthdays!!! I hope it's a week of birthday celebration.... falls asleep smiling and dreaming about my day.

2 comments:

  1. That is a cute little story. Sky talks about how daisy always gets excited to see her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is totally a day in the life of a dog. So cute!

    ReplyDelete