Friday, January 21, 2011

Welcome to Another Boring January...

Shayne said it best on his January Facebook status; "Welcome to another boring January." A summary of 2011 so far; New Years Eve was spent at our home with my sister in law Sarah and her two girls Kaede and Arisa. We played Monopoly Deal for hours (I won every time!) and ate a lot of food! It was a great way to ring in the new year!

Later on, Elle and I had an SEOP with her teacher. She is doing very well in school; already knows all her letter sounds and is reading on her own in her in class reading program. We are proud of this great accomplishment! Her teacher told us that she is always on task but has a problem with "chatting" which really sounds like her.

Kaitlyn cut her first two teeth which made Shayne and I extremely happy after terrible time to cut them. She learned to sit well, and within a week later was crawling across the floor! Last night (January 30) she even went the entire night without waking up to eat which made for a very happy Mommy. Kaitlyn is growing up so fast!

Shayne looks so different lately in his new glasses! We have known for a little while now that he needed them but after failing the eye test at the DMV, we knew we couldn't ignore it much longer. He looks great and even though he won't admit it, I think he wears them proudly!

I have been overwhelmingly busy in my new class. Some teachers like thrive on their students having a lot of busy work and I am in such a class. I am learning a lot, but looking forward to it being done. I have also started new workouts on Fit TV on Demand and trying to get in shape for the summer.

We are looking forward to February though; Valentines Day is coming up but mostly because Danny and his fiance Dawn will be married February 11 with a reception on February 12. I have been asked to be a bridesmaid and I can't wait :). The year has gotten off to a good start and I can't wait to see what good things await us!

1 comment:

  1. January seemed longer than most months seem. Like twice as long as last October was. HAHA

    ReplyDelete