Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mighty Mouse


Lately our family has had a sixth member. A smaller, pesky, unwelcome member. We like to call him "Mighty Mouse." I swear the little bugger escaped from NYMH and can outsmart any attempt to catch him. We caught one of his "friends" the other day, but Mighty Mouse lives on!

Shayne has laid out different kinds of traps, but none is a good match for this mouse. It even manages to hide it's poop where I can't see it. In fact, I actually didn't believe there was a mouse for a long time - until Shayne finally took a picture of it one early morning he got up to "wait for it" and prove to me that there was indeed a mouse.

Here's the thing about Shayne; he does not like PESTS. Mice, flies, mosquito's, ants, anything like that is almost like his O.C.D. They cannot co-exist with him. This means late nights sometimes trying to catch that one last fly buzzing around the house. It may mean pulling the car over to squat the mosquito on the dash and HEAVEN FORBID you ever leave the door open for too long and let something in! In a good way though, this means that my house has been pest free as long as I have known Shayne.

I don't know how much longer we (Shayne) can stand having this mouse around the house. I don't know how much longer I can tolerate having a trap around every corner of the house either. Poor Shayne is losing sleep (and claims Daisy is too) knowing that the little rodent is scampering around somewhere. Shayne even claims to "hear it" all during the night. It's been good for a few laughs, but the little thing has to go. Fingers crossed we can catch it soon.

2 comments:

  1. I'm wuth Shayne. I hate rodents and will do anything to carch them. Heres hoping that you catch the little bugger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, pests are all unwanted! That's crazy you have a mouse in your house. Don't give it a cookie, otherwise it will want milk.

    ReplyDelete