Thursday, March 17, 2011

Another "Married" in the Family


While in Hatch every year, I like to hear my Uncle Brett call the married nieces and nephew's "the married's" as we gather for our own special combination picture. This year, we have another married in the family; my brother Danny married his lovely fiance, Uurtsaikh, in the Salt Lake City Temple on February 11, 2011.

It was a special day for everyone. Shayne and I were blessed to have current temple recommends to attend the sealing in the temple. I have only been to one sealing before this and it was awesome to be a part of one of the most memorable special days they will ever know. Seeing my brother with tears gently coming out of his eyes as the temple worker spoke was something I will not soon forget. I had never been more happy for Danny than at that very moment. He and Uurtsaikh are so wonderful together.

I was so tickled to be asked to be one of Uurtsaikh's bridesmaids. It was through this process that I got to know her better. When wedding dress shopping, there were many choices to pick from. Most brides are quick to say what they don't like about a dress, but Uurtsaikh was so kind. When presented with a dress that was not her style she smiled and said, "they are all pretty, but I like this one best" and careful not to offend anyone who may have liked the dress being picked. It was then that I knew she would be easy to love and want to be around and we will be friends for life and longer.

I am so happy for my brother and his new bride! Congratulations to the newest set of "marrieds" in the family. I look forward to seeing their lives unfold as this journey together begins. Glad that you are finally, "Closer to heaven in 2011."

2 comments:

  1. Next time we are in Hatch, we will have to take a picture of them by the "honeymoon tree" lol.

    ReplyDelete