Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patty's 2011






I consider myself a holiday person. Infact, to some people this is what sets me apart. I am always decorating my house for the next holiday, big or small. We plan activities and have traditions for almost every major holiday. St. Patrick's Day might be a fun day to wear green to almost everyone, but it's no small day for our family. We LOVE it.

Thinking back, I think the love for St. Patricks Day started for me in the second grade. I had the best second grade teacher, Mrs. Walton. This day, we went to the library and when we returned green footprints were scattered around the room! A leprechaun had visited and left goodies and confetti everywhere! From that moment on, this holiday had some magic to it and I knew I wanted my family to one day share in this magic.

We started our day with green eggs... and green ham. Usually, I dye the eggs green but this year Shayne took it one step further and we had green ham as well. They were tasty but every year the green does make us question. I had great plans for a green lunch, but after such a large breakfast we decided LUCKY CHARMS were sort of St. Patrick's Day-ish and had a bowl full instead. For dinner, my Mom joined us for chicken pesto pasta, asparagus, green jello, rolls, and key lime pie for dessert. The leprechaun made his usual visit leaving the girls a couple of bags of goodies and everyone was decked out in green all day. We had a great day. I hope that you had fun with it too!

1 comment:

  1. My teacher did that for our class too when I was young

    ReplyDelete