Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fell behind with February



Sorry! I just realized that I didn't write ANY blogs for February. I know this is both surprising and sad (at least I would like to think someone out there is disappointed by my falling behind). Between a tough sociology class, keeping up with the girls, gloomy weather, the wedding of my brother Danny, and the stresses of everyday life I haven't had the time or energy to blog. Luckily with the coming of Spring however, I am feeling like I can write again.

Valentines Day; We love Valentines Day. Even though you never need a reason to tell someone you love them, there is just something about having one or two days a year that are special and for this purpose. Shayne and I like to buy Danelle a bear every year with the year on it for V-day. It was fun to start this tradition with Kaitlyn as well. We also gave them each a balloon and card with a personalized message inside just for them. They wore new sweaters that day that Uurtsaikh's mother gave them. They looked so cute and enjoyed the day.

Shayne and I bought our gifts last minute. I decided it was time to get him a water pitcher with a filter inside. He had been telling me that he wanted to stop drinking soda and I figured that this water pitcher would be just the thing he would need to cut back or stop altogether. Shayne had a very thoughtful idea for my gift; he spent some time on the computer compiling a bunch of our love songs for a CD. We have many of them, and it was great to know that he still remembered and brought back some of the romance that remembered when we were first dating and in our earlier years. Shayne can be very romantic. He also has EXCELLENT taste in flowers and I was so happy to find a huge bunch of the most beautiful flowers and Whitman's chocolates just for me. We enjoyed a lunch at Sizzler, and had an overall wonderful day.

Elle and I took the opportunity to let our family know that we love them too! We made some very special Valentines for our closest friends and family and delivered them that day and the next. It was a wonderful Valentines Day. We hope you had a good one too!

1 comment:

  1. What thoughtful gifts Shayne got you! That's awesome

    ReplyDelete