Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Paddy's





Every year on St. Patrick's Day, I tell my girls the story about how the leprechaun visited me in my second grade classroom. My class and I went to the library and came back to a wonderful surprise! There was a window open and little green paper footprints all around the room. Glitter and treats were on our desks! It was magical! A leprechaun visited our class! I was filled with happy excitement and will never forget that day. This is why every year on St. Patrick's Day, a leprechaun comes to visit my girls leaving them with treats and goodies. He knows me from my second grade class.

I usually start this special day with green eggs and ham for breakfast. Some years I get more creative and cook green hash-browns, pancakes, and milk but I will admit I got a tad lazy this year and just cooked green scrambled eggs with bits of ham lunch meat in it. The girls loved it anyway of course.

Later on I noticed that Danelle's bedroom window was left open! I asked Danelle why she opened her window, and she said she didn't. I told her to go investigate and sure enough that sneaky leprechaun left Danelle and Kaitlyn mugs of prizes and green bubbles! They were so excited to try on their green wigs and glasses and see what candy they got. We got another leprechaun visit at our door with green sandwich cookies too. :)

Danelle wanted to go leprechaun hunting for her date that afternoon, but we settled on seeing WE BOUGHT A ZOO because it was raining. Still wanting to celebrate, we picked up a Little Caesars Hot and Ready Pizza and bread sticks and came home to party. The Little Caesars was so friendly, the girls each got a balloon with a Little Caesars logo to make our party complete. Later that night when Shayne and Danelle were teasing each other, Danelle's top front right tooth came out!!! It was a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment