Thursday, July 12, 2012

America's Birthday

I like party planning and being involved in activities.  This year, I thought it would be fun to bring a firepit and s'mores items to share during our Fourth of July party with the Munn's.  Turns out I brought them for nothing though because they had so much fun going on!  It was awesome.

We came to Grandpa Underwood's house in the late afternoon and started off our time with water play.  There was a pool, slip and slide, wiggly sprinkler, and lots of fun water activities going on.  The kids loved it!

After a tasty BBQ potluck dinner, we gathered in the back yard for a new tradition of BINGO.  Everyone won a round or two.  It was a happy time and will be a fun new activity for this holiday form here forward. 

Later on, we gathered around for fireworks and ice cream in waffle cones.  Kaitlyn was the most fun to watch during fireworks.  When she was sitting on her Nana's lap, she started clapping and cheering for everyone to hear!  "YAY!!!! YAY!!!"  It was the cutest thing ever!!!  I was lucky enough to video tape it a couple times.

On a more random note; I was excited about a firework I bought for $2.99 at a Black Cat stand.  I didn't know what to expect, but the man that sold it to me assured me it was the best firework for the money.  Sure enough, it did not disappoint.  Nine sky shots flew in the air making a beautiful mini show!  I decided then and there I was going to buy more of them around the 24th of July for New Years Eve.

It was really nice to be all together too.  All the neices, and one nephew were there - we were only missing Lizzie and Zach who were spending the holiday with their mom. We had Jessica's parents, sister, and nieces over, and my cousin, Kristl, join us as well. It was a wonderful time and I am so excited for our next get together.





A special thank you to Mom and Dad Munn for hosting this holiday and the hard work and planning that went into it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment