Sunday, March 22, 2009

Welcome


Welcome to our blog. Before I feel I can truly blog; I feel like I need to recap on our family so that my future blogs might make more sense. Here's a run down on the Munn family.

Shayne and I met in 1999 with a group of mutual friends. All I remember is asking him his name, and he said, "Shayne Munn," I said "Munn (spelling it out) M U N N ?" He was surprised I knew how to spell it on the first try. Little did I know at the time that would be my married name four years later. We were married August 8, 2003 in the Salt Lake City Temple.

We've had a great life together. Filled with the usual ups and downs, but overall very happy. Our happiest moment happened one year after being married when we found out we were expecting our first baby Danelle Elizabeth Munn. I enjoyed being pregnant with her, and the excitement of preparing for her to be a part of our family. Danelle (sometimes called Ellie) was born April 29, 2005. I have loved being a mom to her, and look forward to the time when God grants us with another child or two.

Which I guess brings me to a tender confession. Most people know by now that we have been trying for a second baby over 2 and half years. We've run into infertility problems, and it has been a rough couple of years for us at times. Sometimes, it's hard not to feel a little left behind when other couples are merrily moving forward their families, but we have a strong hunch that we will have more children one day and it will be the another of our happiest moments. Maybe even more joyful than the first (which would be hard to fathom).

Shayne is currently a student at Steven's Henager College. We are thrilled about this decision. He is going into Health Administration, and meanwhile I'm a stay at home during the day and I help a quadriplegic lady get to bed each night much like a CNA. Shayne will graduate spring 2011 with a bachelors degree and are so excited to have the security that a degree can bring to our life. He is also working full time.

Then there is Daisy. I guess she is worth mentioning because she is a member of our family. She is Ellie's playmate, and one of her best friends. Daisy is a 3 year old Boxer, and the sweetest dog we could have found. She loves to "welcome our friends" (LOL, if you've been to our house, you know what I mean!) but is getting better in this area. She's a spoiled little dog (and at times annoying), but we love her.

Well, that's just about it for now.... I look forward to blogging in the future, and thank you for being a part of our lives. We appreciate our friends and family so much, and have been strengthened and helped by them many times throughout our nine years knowing each other. Take care.

1 comment: