Wednesday, September 23, 2009

8 Weeks


(READ THE BLOG ON SEPTEMBER 7th. FOR SOME REASON, I JUST POSTED OCT 2nd IT AND IT PUT IT DOWN THERE....)

(I started this blog Sept 23... Just updated and posted it today on OCT 2, 2009)

I have to admit, I posted that blog on Sept 7th a bit earlier than was comfortable. Unfortunately, when you find yourself in a difficult position, sometimes it's easiest to tell people what's going on rather than battle it alone. So far, this pregnancy has been less exciting, and more emotional. From the very beginning (my birthday in fact) we have had our challenges with it. All I can say is we've overcome a lot already and as of my last doctors appointment I have what is called subchorionic bleed, or a blood clot under the baby's placenta and between the uterine wall. I have had some spotting with it, which comes and goes, and obviously this puts us as a higher risk for a miscarriage.

Right now, there is not much we can do medically for the problem. I am on a modified bed rest - which basically means, I rest most the day, but I can walk from time to time. Lifting and exercise of any kind are not recommended. I'm trying as hard as I possibly can not to aggravate the situation. So far, the baby seems to be handling it well. Still growing at a normal rate, and making sure it's Mommy get's her share of morning sickness a long the way (which I'm actually happy about because IT'S NORMAL in pregnancy and I'm glad to see something normal happening).

I am at 8 weeks right now. I have my next ultrasound October 29th. We hope that the clot will have dissolved by that point, or hopefully being in my second trimester that things will be more stable. For now, all I can do is pray and take one day at a time. I've been on bed rest two weeks now.

Shayne has been a great help during this process. Besides cooking and cleaning, he makes sure that I have water bottles set aside in the fridge for me throughout the day. Same with Ellie and her milk and juices. He packs me a lunch every morning, something that Ellie can pull out for the both of us to have. Family have stepped in and helped with Ellie's childcare, cleaning around my house and even taking my dog out. I've had a couple of friends bring over meals, and more offers for meals coming. I receive many emails from compassionate people with kind uplifting words, and the phone calls to check up on me keep coming.

Even though things are uncertain about this pregnancy, I am happy to know now that we can get pregnant again. We've waited three years to get this far, and despite the problems we are happy. I feel joy to be having this baby inside me. Ellie loves the idea of being a big sister. She kisses the baby goodnight before every bedtime and is talking about it around the clock!

We still really need your prayers and support. Thank you to all the prayers that have been made for us. We hope and anticipate the best!

2 comments:

  1. Laura, I am so excited for you, and so sorry that you are having these challenges! There's probably not much I can say that hasn't already been said, but please let me know if you need anything! I'm just home with my daughter during the day, so I'd love to help out with anything you need. You and your family are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you sweetie! I'm sorry I can't help more often. But if you need any help with anything, let me know

    ReplyDelete