Saturday, September 24, 2011

US Lately

Since I updated the girls, it seems only fitting to update my blog on what is going on with me and Shayne as well.

The biggest thing on my mind right now is, as always, SCHOOL. Luckily though, I am happy to finally say that all my math classes are out of the way and I did MUCH better than I expected in them. I have moved onto my core Elementary Education classes. It is actually REFRESHING to be writing papers again instead of calculating but now you know why I haven't blogged in so long (sick of writing!). My main cause of stress at the moment is getting my fingerprint clearance card done ($69 and can be done at my local police station) and taking taking the PRAXIS II exam so that I may move on in my classes after December 19. I am nervous for both. I bought a study guide for the exam, but haven't started the finger print process that can take up to four months to finish and I have a deadline to beat. Yikes!

Shayne's school is always on our mind too, but lucky for him, Shayne is finally in his LAST SEMESTER! We couldn't be more excited. I would be planning a huge graduation party if I knew when that would be EXACTLY. We are thinking April...

Another thing on my mind a lot lately is of course my weight loss. I have lost 18 pounds this summer, and only have two more pounds to lose to reach my goal. I feel better than ever and am fitting into pant and dress sizes I never thought I would wear again. I know it's going to have to be a lifestyle change for me to maintain this weight once I am a Weight Watchers lifetime member, but I am up for it. I feel more healthy and almost as proud of my weight loss as I am my children.

With school starting for Danelle, we were able to get in a much needed routine which we are all loving again. I think Kaitlyn appreciates Danelle being at school all day so that she can sleep in peace and have Mommy all to herself for a few hours. I enjoy the time I get to myself in the morning between Elle going to school and Kaitlyn waking up to exercise, clean, or get a nice head start on my day. During Kaitlyn's nap, I can do school which frees up my evenings for relaxation (like i am going right now).

Since I get to spend so much one on one time with Kaitlyn, I felt it only fair to schedule some one on one time with Danelle too. Now every Saturday, Shayne and I take turns taking Elle on dates. We love the time and memories we are making with her and its something special that she is now starting to look forward to weekly and we enjoy too.

Shayne and I also just started a weekly date of our own. I am kind of sad to admit that up until now, we took our dates as we could get them. It seemed we never had enough money to hire a babysitter, and with family working, being moved far away, or having their own dating life - dates for us just seldom happened. I should say, OFFICIAL dates. Shayne and I took unofficial dates all the time. Dates with children, one child while the other was at school, or planning something fun when the kids were in bed that we could do at home. We never complained, but it's nice to actually get OUT now. My mom has kept Friday afternoons free to watch the girls as we go to lunch and out to spend some much needed time together. We are SO GRATEFUL to her for her sacrifice and wiliness to take our girls regularly.

Shayne is sort of job hunting again too. He is still working at Occurrence but the we would like to find something that will bring in more money and be easier on gas since he has to drive an hour to get there everyday. Right now, we are paying $500 a month in gas for him to work there and drive our Explorer. By the time you figure what we are making, the job seems less appealing. He will keep this job until he finds something better and has had some great interviews, some as close as Provo. We are hoping for the best.

We had a really fun summer as a family. We had a lot of fun trips to Seven Peaks. Kaitlyn LOVED the water, but specifically the lazy river. She loved to lay back in her life vest and float on the water with me holding her. She could do this for hours if we let her. Danelle refused to go down very many slides and then her last trip to Seven Peaks, she went down some new ones... she is kicking herself for not trying them sooner because they were so fun. Maybe next year she will be more up for slides next year. By the way, the Pass of All Passes is an incredible deal... We got more than our money's worth with Trafalga and Seven Peaks alone this year and there is much more to offer. It was so much cheaper than watching all the "fun stuff" add up all summer long. We DEFINITELY plan to buy them for all of us next year too.

We had a mishap with one of our guinea pigs this summer too. I might have to write a blog about it. It was the hardest thing Danelle has ever had to experience. She is doing well now, but still regularly talks about "S'mores." Chocolate Chip is doing well though so we are taking excellent care of her.

I had a birthday... It's my last year in my twenties. Monyka is planning a big 30th birthday next year and as some family would say, "why have a birthday party every year?" So I decided to spend time with Shayne and my kids on my birthday and save the big party for 2012. Danelle and I went on a date to Yogurt Bliss and Shopko where she picked me out some sunglasses and a drink bottle for a present. Later on, Shayne and I went to The Mayan and skipped our movie and went window shopping instead. It was a very fun day. The next day, my Mom spoiled me with a scrumptious dinner and rice crispies.

Oh and I am learning how to sew! My mom is teaching me by helping me make Danelle's Halloween costume. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Well, that's about all for now. We are looking forward to fall and our Halloween party which will be here before we know it! I hope I will be back to blog shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment