Sunday, January 8, 2012

Chicken Pesto and Pepper Sandwiches


My Betty Crocker experiences were a little on hold with the holidays, but I am back up and at 'em again. After such a fattening holiday season, I tried to pick recipes that might help me eat better and get back on track. Last week, I tried a delicious Chicken Pesto and Pepper Sandwich, found in the Campbell's Recipe Collection cookbook. I had never thought about putting grilling chicken with pesto on it, but it was a winning combination. Shayne took some pride grilling the chicken for me as well. It was so tasty, I think it is quick to be a family favorite. Try it out sometime! Here is the recipe:

CHICKEN PESTO & PEPPER SANDWICHES


1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce
4 Buns with sesame seeds
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 slices mozzarella cheese
Lettuce
Roasted red bell peppers

1. Spread about 1 teaspoon pesto sauce on each bun half.
2. Lightly oil the grill rack and heat grill to medium. Grill the chicken for 15 minutes or until cooked through turning and brushing often with the remaining pesto sauce during the last five minutes of grilling.
3. Top Chicken with cheese.
4. Layer the bottom bun halves with lettuce, chicken, and roasted red bell peppers.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment