Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Easy Chicken Pot Pie


I haven't been writing about my cooking adventures a lot lately. I hate to disappoint you, but I haven't been all that impressed lately with the flavor outcomes. The Campbell's cookbook are good recipes but I have to admit they all kind of taste like a different spin on cream of chicken soup. In a couple of recipes, I cooked the rice exactly as it called for, but it ended up being crunchy and undercooked. Cooking it longer only made my meal dry and lumpy.

I DID find one today that I am raving over. Mostly because it was SO EASY but also because we LOVED it and the whole family agreed. Here it is:


EASY CHICKEN POT PIE

1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
1 package (9 oz) frozen mixed vegetables (I used canned and it worked just as well)
1 cup cubed cooked chicken (I used a large can of chopped cooked chicken)
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup all purpose baking mix (I used Jiffy)

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix soup, vegetables, and chicken together and pour in a 9 inch pie plate.
3. Stir milk, egg, and baking mix in a small bowl. Pour batter over the chicken mixture.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.


Try it! You'll like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment