Sunday, January 8, 2012

A "Laura" Favorite

Tonight I was reminded of how much I love a classic pot roast, but especially the all in one crock pot meal. These meals work out great on busier days. Sunday is that day for me. It's nice to come home from church starving and knowing a hot meal is waiting to be eaten. It's even better when it's mouth watering juicy and flavorful just as it should be in a good crock pot meal.

Here is my favorite classic pot roast recipe found in the Busy Woman's Slow Cooker Cookbook by Sharon and Gene McFall with Linda Burgett.

MIX IT AND GO ROAST

3-4 pounds roast
2 (7/8 oz) envelopes brown gravy mix
1 1/2 cups water

In slow cooker, place roast. In medium bowl, combine gravy and water. Mix well. Pour gravy mixture over roast. Cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours. If frozen 8-10 hours.

If you are cooking an all in one meal, I suggest adding wedged potatoes and carrot slices in the pot at the same time you start the roast. The potatoes soak up the gravy juices and make them very tasty. Sometimes, I add wedged onions for added flavor.

I also make a tasty pork roast I will share sometime.

This week, I am going to attempt my very first chicken pot pie, and lemon chicken tarragon. I also have an easy chicken sandwich I know Danelle will go nuts over. More to come!

1 comment:

  1. Umm sounds so good. Gotta try it next time. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete