Tuesday, February 19, 2013

31 Days!

Here we are; 31 days left.  I had my 35 week appointment last week, and other than the fluids looking a little lower than hoped, everything is going great with Thumper.  We are starting to make progress getting ready too.  I knew that the first step to getting ready for baby would be to find a space to keep his or her little things.  Kaitlyn isn't ready to share a room yet, and we already tried putting a baby with Ellie when Kaitlyn was born, so the best option is to put the baby in with us until Kaitlyn can move with Ellie this summer.


One of our favorite things about this house is the master bedroom closet.  Shayne and I joked that it could be used as a nursery because it is SO BIG.  Whatever your thinking, it's probably bigger.  I LOVE our closet.  It's as big as a room with TWO small doors and lots of storage space.  Putting our things on one half of the closet was easy!  Now Thumper has a space for clothes, diapers, and all the baby things he or she will need.  Shayne is going to bring up the baby boxes later and we can start sorting out, cleaning, checking parts, and making sure that everything will be ready in time. Although it's stressful, this is the fun part.

I will be REALLY excited when I can click "buy" on my Amazon shopping cart.  Realizing that our money might not be in until March 7th (13 days to due date!) I moved everything from my Wal-Mart shopping card over to Amazon.  My brother Evan and I have Amazon Prime together so everything that qualifies (which is everything in my cart) gets sent in two days for FREE.  I guess since I might have to wait until March 7th, it's good to know that it can get here in a couple of days and hopefully everything we already have will be all ready to go. It will be like a second Christmas to get all those packages!

Which reminds me; I need to pack my hospital bag... and get a hair cut... and maybe my toes done.

Time is flying.  I know the days will get longer from here, but for now, it seems like the baby will be here in a flash and I might not be ready.  I am really excited for my next appointment.  I will be 37 weeks, full term, and my doctor will start monitoring any progress I am making.  I am really hoping for a natural birth this time around and in order for that to happen, I NEED to go into labor on my own.  Never having this experience, I am hoping for the best in this situation.  Unfortunately, you can not be induced with a v-bac so I will be trying everything safe I can to help this labor happen when we are in the safe zone. Spicy food anyone? :-D

That's all the pregnancy updates I have for now.  I am getting more excited every day to see this little one and bring him or her home. THAT will be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment