Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Our family doesn't usually make the biggest deal out of Valentine's Day but I was looking forward to the holiday this year. Shayne and I decided ahead of time that it would be the perfect night to try making our favorite soup at Olive Garden, Zuppa Tuscana, and have little Olive Garden inspired dinner right at home with our two beautiful daughters. It's always a treat when Shayne cooks us a meal, so I expected greatness.  He cooked, while me and the girls set up a fancy dinner table.  The dinner was AMAZING.  We even ate by candle light.  Even though it wasn't the typical date night alone, we loved spending it with the people we love most; our family.

I had a little extra fun this Valentine's Day by doing the girls hair in hearts, and buying them each a traditional yearly Valentine bear, balloon, and candy.  It's always fun to see their faces, even though they have come to expect the same kind of present every year.  Ellie came home with several candies, of course, and I loved hearing about how our home-made "monster" Valentines were the most popular of the class!  




Shayne and I never do much for Valentines Day, but I surprised him by having some chocolate covered strawberries and a balloon for him that said I LOVE YOU all over.  He got the the world's biggest box of Whitman's Sampler (MY FAVORITE!!!) and a rose.  We have yet to have our Valentine's date out, but even without we had a great Valentine's Day this year.  

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment