Tuesday, March 16, 2010

32 Weeks!


Leaving my 32 week appointment the nurse said, "see you in two weeks!" I have to admit that just hearing and knowing that - I'M ON EVERY TWO WEEK VISITS now - made everything seem right around the corner. After 36 weeks, I start seeing my doctor every WEEK. This pregnancy has flown by faster than I ever thought it would. Mostly out of distraction of having my daughter who is almost 5 year old, and of course having the extra stress we've been under with Shayne being out of work.

We had a rough start to this pregnancy, but so far since the "problems" went away, this pregnancy has been great (knock on wood of course). At 32 weeks, I have gained just over 25 pounds (a number I am very satisfied with), and my blood pressure and measurements seem to be right on for where I am at in this pregnancy. I have to admit that the thought of being considered full term in 5 weeks amazes me. I can tell you already that as crazy as it sounds, I am actually going to miss being pregnant with Miss Kaitlyn when she comes out.

At 32 weeks also, I started seeing another doctor; Dr. Bret Chipman of Stone Creek Family Clinic. I'm not his newest patients. In fact, I was one of the first patients to come to the clinic back when it opened in 2006. I've always been impressed with him and felt that not only did he know what he was doing, but he had excellent bedside manner. He's the doctor that caught my heart condition when no other doctor had before also (and I had told other doctors what was happening). All in all, I am very comfortable with the switch and felt like it was necessary because of some concerns I've been developing towards my Certified Nurse Midwives at New Beginnings.I know I will be in good hands, and am happy to be his patient again after 3 years away.

I took a tour of Mountain View Hospital's Labor and Delivery Rooms, and Mother Baby rooms. So far I am quite impressed with the hospital. The new renovations really make it a beautiful hospital. Also, because the Mother Baby rooms were meant originally for double occupancy, they each have an extra bed they said the father may sleep on (a nice bonus)! I'm liking the new arrangements already, even though it has been hard to "shift gears" and start imaging something different than what has been familiar to me during the past 8 months of pregnancy.

I have an ultrasound on Friday. I'm hoping they'll take some 3-D pictures of Kaitlyn for me. Fingers crossed. I hope that she's doing as well inside as she seems to be doing looking from the outside. I'm so excited to meet her and hold her in my arms. Everything that has happened over the past 3 and 3/4 years leading up to this moment will be worth it. I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah your pregnancy really has flown. But at the same time does feel like awhile ago I was cleaning your house.

    ReplyDelete