Monday, July 11, 2011

Biking






I forgot to mention some pretty great news that happened last month! Danelle can now ride a bike! I wanted her to have the experience of her Dad teaching her... well, all that time waiting for the right moment was almost for nothing because Danelle pretty much taught herself. Shayne took her out to the grass, walked around with her a little, and let her go. She was a natural. in no time at all she was riding around town showing off and begging the other kids to join her.

Kaitlyn is also a first time rider. I really wanted a bike trailer but settled with a little seat that rides on the back of my bike. It seems fairly safe and she wears a helmet whenever she is in it. I guess this is one way that Kaitlyn's low weight helps me - I never lose control with her behind me.

Now that we are all riding, we take rides five nights a week. Sometimes they are short, and other times (like tonight) we ride for 45 minutes or more. We have even ridden to Grandma LaTurner's house a time or two. I am loving (and needing) the exercise. It's great to take the kids along and do something we all enjoy that is healthy for them too.

1 comment: