Thursday, July 7, 2011

Danelle's New Do


For a while there, Danelle was going through her Repunzel stage. She wanted hair that dragged behind her - or at the very least, down to her belly button. I bought her a special conditioner and tried to support her wanting her hair to be long which was a challenge most the time. Yesterday we gave in and cut it though and I am so glad we did!

Here is my status of the day: "Danelle's hair took THREE MINUTES to do this morning! Three minutes! - curled, cute, and ready to go. I really REALLY wish I had this girls hair. It's straight, full, no frizzes, and holds it's curl. If it was possible, that kid has the most perfect hair. Just sayin'."

It was so easy to do and the girl looks adorable. I love the length. Today I sprayed her with sunblock and didn't have to move around her hair first, or worry about her long hair laying in it and getting tangled. Last night, Danelle went swimming and it wasn't nearly as tangled as her longer hair would be. Not to mention but with her long hair, I would fix it up only to have her pull it out to fit on her bike helmet and then her hair would look weird the rest of the day. It had to be done.

Danelle was so excited. She actually wanted to go much shorter than we did. She wanted chin length hair with bangs. I let her cut it midway to her chin and shoulders, and NO BANGS. I still need to pull her hair up at times and bangs are just more upkeep; sorry kid. She is very happy though. I love catching her looking at herself in the mirror and telling me who she thinks she looks like. I am so happy we finally did it. She told me this morning she won't grow it long again for a long time (which I think is an excellent plan!).

Now if we could just get Kaitlyn's hair long enough for a real haircut...

1 comment: