Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I'm GUNNA DO IT!




Me after losing my first 20 pounds in 2007, and me now, almost 40 pounds lighter.


I feel like I have come a LONG way since I started my weight loss journey in 2005. I had just given birth to Danelle... I gained sixty pounds during that pregnancy and unfortunately was not in great shape when we got pregnant with her either. I lost 40 pounds almost by the week after I left the hospital. I was hanging onto 20 pounds and was about sixty pounds heavier than healthy. Finally, I told myself this wasn't going to work and started counting calories. That year I lost my first 20 pounds. I felt good, but I had a long way to go.

After this we moved to Cedar Hills, again I lost 20 pounds. When we moved to Provo, I lost 10 more pounds. The summer of 2009 I was feeling my best. I told myself I still wanted to lose 10 - 20 pounds but then we got pregnant with Kaitlyn. I was in the best shape in years. Health wise it was a great pregnancy; blood pressure stayed in check, not as sore, and I didn't get as big... we did have problems with the placenta which caused problems later but THAT is another story.

I had high hopes when Kaitlyn was born that I would lose a lot of weight with nursing. I actually found this to be opposite. Kaitlyn was not gaining weight so I worried about what I ate, and if I could diet and lose weight and not have it effect her. I exercised regularly, but didn't watch what I ate. The last 20 pounds clung on. Now that Kaitlyn is 14 months I am not breastfeeding her it seemed like a great time to start a diet.

I remember asking mom if she wanted to start Weight Watchers with me. She did even more excited than I was. We decided to do it right after my move. Which we did. We have been on it for three weeks. I have lost 7.6 pounds and Mom has lost almost 10. I only have 12.4 pounds left to reach my goal and am convinced I can do it this time!

Of course, weight loss the right way never comes easy. This is not diet pills or something I shake on my food and I automatically will lose weight automatically. I am losing an inch at a time, a half pound a week average. It's going to take a while to get where I really want to be. Today at our meeting, the teacher wanted us to think of how we will look when we reach our goal. All I could think of is that I will be smiling. :) I look forward to this day. I want to reach my goal by my birthday. That would be the best present ever!

2 comments:

  1. You look great already. Good job on all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great hot momma!! I want to shake your little arms!

    ReplyDelete