Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Halloween Bucket List





This year, I decided to make up a Halloween bucket list. We have had a lot going on in our lives, and October was a very uniquely stressful month so it was nice to break up the days with some activities.

We started off the season with the traditional trip to the pumpkin patch called Jakers in Springville. Evan, Monyka, Mom, and my family all came. I think it was the most fun for the girls, but we all had a good time. The girls love the petting zoo and corn play pit. I enjoyed the break in the hayride. We all picked pumpkins (we even talked Mom into one!) and on the way home enjoyed a Happy Meal at McDonalds.

A week later was our Halloween party. I was having pregnancy issues at this point (read earlier blogs) and debated about even doing a party. It seemed like terrible timing and I worried I was overdoing it by getting ready. Shayne was a big help with the entire process. He did everything that I asked him, without question and we were actually ready in time for the party. Danelle and I even had time that morning to check off "Halloween Cookie Day" from our list so we could have a dessert for the party.

Our theme for this year's Halloween party was the "Halloween Queen Pageant." We had done it in the past, and it seemed like a fun enough activity that we should repeat it. With Monyka (the current Halloween Queen at the time) as my co-host, we had some wonderful fun watching Mom, Sarah C., Ashley, Evan, and Jason try out. I got such a laugh out of their Frankenstein impersonations for their talent. In the end, Sarah C. won 2nd attendant, Jason was 1st attendant, and Mom took them all by winning the Halloween Queen. She really stayed in character and took the competition seriously. I was happy to see her win! Everyone that tried out did amazing jobs. I wish I could have given them all an award in something.

My sister Sarah and Alison came to the Halloween party too and was now out for a fun visit! This might seem out of order, but my family did our Thanksgiving on October 23rd in a Park City Lodge Sarah reserved. It was the perfect setting for our Thanksgiving and a wonderful meal. I wish I would have remembered my memory card to take pictures. I stayed the night that night with Sarah, Alison, and Danelle. It wasn't planned so it was kind of a funny stay, but I really enjoyed the time we had together. It was a nice distraction from my pregnancy worries.

We checked off another bucket list item with Sarah; Corn Maze. On October 25, we all went out to Thanksgiving Points "Cornbelly's" corn maze. I was surprised how many free activities they had for the children! Kaitlyn and Danelle were loving it and all the attention they were getting. Kaitlyn opted out of the maze, so Mom took her to play while the girls and I went through the maze. It did get pretty "cornfusing" at times, but we found our way through and have a really funny picture to show for it.

Thursday, we met up with Mom and Dad Munn, Ashley, Patrick, Grandpa, and the girls for a fun pumpkin carving night and KFC - a family favorite. We had a great time carving pumpkins. The girls impressed me this year by cutting their pumpkins from a pattern! Shayne took some pretty great photo's and I heard there was AMAZING apple pie served. I wish I could have stayed all night but Kaitlyn was "into everything" and this was the night my pregnancy problems turned more serious and I knew I had to rest... the next day we miscarried. :(

Bummed out, Sunday the 30th came. I was starting to get around more and really wanted to knock out more of our Halloween bucket list and lighten the mood. I made a homemade pumpkin shaped pizza for my family. Even though it wasn't Papa Murphey's like I originally wanted, it was very good and definitely raised some spirits.

The rest is history. I have already made a Christmas bucket list and plan to start this week possibly by making gingerbread men to hang on our tree. I am glad that we were able to accomplish many (even if not all) of our bucket list for Halloween. Although this season was tougher than most, I feel like we seized the month and I look forward to our new holiday lists.

1 comment:

  1. This party was a success. So much fun, we look forward to it every year!!

    ReplyDelete