Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May 2014

So many things have happened since I last wrote in my blog.  It seems there just isn't enough time in the day anymore for blogging... or anything else for that matter.  There are not many moments in the day or night that someone isn't needing something from me.  Welcome to life with three kids :) .  I say that with a smile.  Life with three kids has been challenging for me to find more time for everything, but I have loved staying busy and being an active part of my kid's lives.

Liam has grown leaps and bounds since my last post.  He has been such a wonderful baby.  The past year has flown by!  Liam was about 11 months old when I realized that weaning him was just around the corner.  The thought surprised me.  We still haven't quit yet.  I think it bothers other people more than it does me for example when well-meaning  mom says, "he's plenty big enough to drink from a cup!" Maybe it's because might be the last baby, or maybe because it's just easy, I keep nursing though. My attitude about having a third baby has been dramatically different than with my other kids with my motto being, "if it works - DO IT."  I have been breaking all kinds of 'rules' with him that I would have never done with the girls.  Co-sleeping  doesn't bother me with Liam, where as I strongly protested it with the girls.  Liam doesn't bathe everyday, whereas I bathed the girls every day.  Little things like that, nothing major.  It's taught me a lot to just go with the flow.  I also don't complain as much about baby-ism's that used to bother me.  Teething, not sleeping, and making me hold him too much just don't seem to bother me like they did when the girls were babies.

Kaitlyn seems to have turned a corner lately.  She's understanding things so much better lately, and is such a pleasure to do things with.  Kaitlyn used to struggle to go to bed, giving me a bedtime battle everytime, and now goes to bed with ease.  Granted, she has to fall asleep in my room and I move her to her own bedroom (to keep the girls from fighting too much) but as mentioned in the previous paragraph, I am doing what works.  She's more trustworthy too.  I know that if she goes outside for a minute without me being there, that she will stay close to the house.  She listens pretty well most of the time, and I have been so proud of her.  She's going to be starting preschool this fall.  I have her enrolled in a three day a week preschool from 12:30 - 3:00.  I think she will love the socialization and I am looking forward to the guilt free hours to do my homework.

My schooling had to take a backseat this past month as well.  I found that it was stressing me out, and affecting my family life greatly.  There was never enough time for it, and other things had to sacrifice.  The other hardship of school is that often time, it was being used as "me time" which we all know is not "me time" at all.  I decided to push it back until the fall when  hopefully I will have that 12:30 - 3:00 window where Liam will be napping and Kaitlyn will be in school. I hope it works out. Quitting school was hard to do.

Ellie keeps getting bigger everyday.  It's really hard for me to look like her much like a little girl anymore because she is so grown up.  She is the biggest help when I need her too.  She's doing extremely well in Singers Company this year.  I am thinking about trying her out the the Utah Valley Children's choir and seeing how she likes it.   I can't believe that she is already nine.  I am only half way away from her going to college or possibly moving out.  I worry about her every day too.  I never feel like I am doing enough for Ellie.  The younger kids demand so much from me, that sometimes it hard to really feel like I can connect with Ellie as much as I would like to.  Yesterday we played "Go Fish."  I hope we can find those moments more often.

Other than that, life keeping going on like it always has.  It's hard to think of all the updates over the past year, and I can only hope that I will have more time like this to post blogs as I think of them and not constantly be back tracking.  Blogging used to be such a delight to me; it would be nice to feel like I can type out my thoughts and feelings as often as I used to.  Anyway, this was a start.  Here's to more blogs in the future :) .

No comments:

Post a Comment