Thursday, April 22, 2010

HaPpY bIrThDaY to Ellie! HaPpy bIrThDaY to You!


With everything going on preparing and waiting for the baby, Shayne and I felt it would be best to move up Ellie's birthday this year to April 17th, just less than 2 weeks early of her actual birthday on April 29. With a few friends and family, Hello Kitty decorations and cupcakes, balloons, and a couple GLITTER TOES consultants, we had our party.

Each girl, and the adult women that wanted to, were able to get a pedicure and their own set of glitter toes. Glitter Toes are a special acrylic paint that is supposed to stay on your toes longer than just regular nail polish would - some even 2-3 months. Everyone loved being pampered. Even our youngest party guest, Alice (2 years old), loved getting her nails done. It was so cute. To entertain the girls who weren't getting their nails done we also had face painting, a fishing game, and sock toss.

The next day, Ellie was asking to use glass plates because "5 year olds don't break things," and telling me "you're not the boss of me!" I can tell that just her being five now makes her feel like such BIG STUFF. It cracks me up the things that she claims a 5 year old gets away with that 4 year olds don't. I love her so much. She still has one week before she is "officially" 5 years old but I am still in shock that my Ellie is 5. . She is one of my best friends and companions and I hope that I will always be for her too.

Happy Birthday Ellie! Mommy and Daddy sure love you!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday big shot!! I can't believe she is 5!!

    ReplyDelete