Saturday, November 10, 2012

Baby #3 Update

I am 21 weeks and a few days today.  November 9, Mom and I got to see our new addition on the big screen.  Thumper (his/her nickname) is growing perfectly.  Every part is right where it should be... with the exception of having a teeny little head :).  I am not surprised this baby has a small head size; Kaitlyn did too, measuring almost a week behind the rest of his/her long body.  Luckily all the organs are measuring right where they need to be so there is little to no fear of downs with this baby.


In comparison to my other babies, Thumper is more quiet than the girls were.  I had suspicions that this was thanks to the placenta being on top of my stomach, and the ultrasound proved that I was RIGHT.  I am sure that I will feel the baby more the bigger I get, but as for now, I enjoy the small movements here and there and subtle reassurements that Baby #3 is ok.

Baby #3 has been a different pregnancy from the start.  When I discovered the pregnancy, I was neck deep in Kaitlyn's esophagus problems.  I felt instantly guilty for not giving this baby the same joy and excitement that I gave the girls when I found out I was pregnant with them.  Also, of course, that being partly thanks to miscarrying the time before.

As the pregnancy carries on, when I really think about it, it seems that this baby will be born without us being ready.  Everything seems to be moving SO FAST.  I can't believe we are already over the halfway mark and starting the countdown to when we get to meet this little person.  I feel comfortable with the idea of having three children and the idea of this possibly being the last is settling in.

For this reason, and many others, we have decided NOT to find out what we are having.  The way we see it is that we already have two spring baby girls and we want this pregnancy to be unique, even if it ends up that this is another girl.  We are already set for a girl; we don't need anything other than diapers, binki's, and a few other things.  Even our nursery is set up in gender neutral Winnie the Pooh.  As for a boy, we have decided to get some newborn boy clothes, and a few things to get us by until we can go shopping for the real stuff.  If it turns out we have a girl, these items will go to another person who needs them (preferably someone having a first baby or first boy who will need it).

We are getting excited to meet this little one in March. We have a lot still to do to prepare and need to pick some names, but I know everything will come together after the holidays. Everything is going smoothly now, and we hope for it to continue going as well towards the end of the pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment