Friday, November 16, 2012

No Shave November

"No-Shave-November" where guys and girls alike unite in the height of laziness agreeing to not shave their beards or legs (respectively) for the entire month of November.
(Noshember.com)

I have been wondering all month why my husband has been choosing to look like a homeless man.  I couldn't tell if he was preparing to be Santa Claus or if he was just trying to be lazy.  That's when he let me in that it was "NO SHAVE NOVEMBER."  Have you ever heard of this???  I certainly hadn't. 

Here is some information from the die-hard NO SHAVE NOVEMBER groups: 

Nov 1:
 Razors are stowed, indifference ignited. Noshember begins.
Nov 1-7:
 The week of scratching that itch. Push yourself, control the desire to shave and relieve the itchiness.
First Wednesday:
 Itch hump day.
Nov 7:
 Day of Gnashing of Teeth.
Nov 14:
 Finally the men don't look ridiculous (boys may look ridiculous).
Nov 14:
 Finally the women do look ridiculous.
Thanksgiving:
 Quoth Flan: "Moms and grandmothers just don't understand."
Nov 27:
 Finally the boys or follicularly-challenged do look ridiculous.
Nov 30:
 Photograph day. Take your best hair exhibiting celebration photos. You have truly completed something great.
Dec 1:
 Great festival of many razors, shaving commences.
http://www.noshember.com/pages/rules.php

So - I guess if you ever wanted an excuse to not shave - now is that time.  I have already broken no shave November rules on many occasions, so I already lost (and this is GOOD, cuz, EW).  Shayne lost out this afternoon when I insisted he at least clean it up but he is still growing strong, or trying to. 

Enjoy your month men.  

No comments:

Post a Comment