Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Holidays Make Me Crazy Happy

I have been particularly in the Christmas spirit this year.  I 'blame' this mostly on the fact that I have been slowly shopping a teeny piece at a time since the end of August.  I decided this would be smart because it seems no matter how hard I try, every Christmas we run into bumps in the road.  This year is proving to be no different.  Lucky me though - my Christmas is already halfway done.  I have even wrapped them (to deter snooping children).

It's for this reason, I guess it's only natural that I am excited to get my Christmas tree up.  THAT and of course all the wonderful snow coming this past weekend.  We have already been turning on our Christmas lights outside, and playing Christmas music inside.  When I talk to Shayne about putting the tree up early he says, "you know I won't let you put up the tree early!"  Considering I can't lift the tree upstairs myself and I will need a lot of help this year to get it done - I think he is right.

I am very excited for Thanksgiving too.  Our holidays got a little mixed up, but it looks like we are keeping our Thanksgiving dinners on the same schedule.  This year we will we will the Burrows/ LaTurner bunch.  I am hoping to make some "ugly pies" for the dinner.

As for the rest of our plans; Thanksgiving weekend, Kristl and her husband Brad will be staying with us during their visit. December 2nd, my newest niece will be blessed.  She will be such a beautiful baby in white! December 14, we planned a Munn Family Christmas dinner at Momma J's house.  I can't wait to celebrate the season with them.  December 20, David come's to Utah for the holidays.  It will be fun seeing so many people again! I LOVE the holidays and always get a little down when the season is over.

As a few of you know, I make a bucket list of things I want to do during the holiday season so here it is;

Festival of Lights - Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve
Traditional tree setting up night
Make a gingerbread house with girls
Decorate Christmas cookies
Drive around drinking cocoa and looking at neighbor hood lights / Salem Pond
Visit Santa in the mall with girls
Finish advent calender
(Polar Express?)
Salt Lake City Temple Lights
Munn Family Christmas Party
Burrows Family Christmas Party
Deliver neighbor goodies
Christmas craft with the seniors at Hearthstone Manor
Piano Recital

There are probably a few more goals, and we NEVER usually get everything done on the list, but I like the embrace the season and enjoy all the aspects of the season. With every holiday, I miss the friends and family who are so far away this time of year.  I hope that one year we can all be together like "olden days."

No comments:

Post a Comment